Hot Tubs In Ottawa Don’t Have To Be Exclusive To The Backyard
A hot tub might be high on your wish list, and you may feel like it’s little more than a dream—maybe you don’t have much of a backyard to begin with, or it’s already packed enough as is—there’s no way you have enough space…is there? The good news is that, when it comes to hot tubs in Ottawa, there are more than a few creative alternatives for incorporating this great feature into your home.
Before you start, though, it’s important to keep a few things in mind while you determine locations:
- Who will the most use out of the hot tub?
- Will you be inviting friends out to enjoy it?
- Will you have to install any privacy features?
Keep these things in mind when considering any location, indoor or outdoor, and you’ll soon find the right spot for a hot tub!
Hot tubs in Ottawa are most often found outside. Beautiful summer nights and long winters provide the perfect setting for relaxation under the stars or in the midst of a chilly winter. Here are a few installation sites, other than the trusty backyard, to get you thinking about your options:
- Backyard: The classic site for any hot tub (provided you have the space), you can incorporate its location into the yard’s overall landscaping by connecting it to your deck or patio.
- Balcony: A hot tub installed on a balcony offers beautiful views and, in most cases, great privacy. However, Ottawa hot tub experts stress the need to check weight limitations and consult with a structural engineer to ensure your balcony will fully support your project. Also, double-check home and condo regulations before placing your order.
- Rooftop: Talk about great views! A rooftop hot tub installation is the ultimate luxury, especially if space allows for additional features such as lounge chairs, a BBQ, dining set, planters, and other great accessories. But again, be sure to check weight restrictions and regulations before starting any work.
Your hot tub will be protected from the elements and, as a result, cleaning and maintenance will be minimal. However, for any interior installation, it is important to point out that proper ventilation is a necessity in order to avoid mold or mildew buildup. Privacy is the biggest advantage and often the number one reason for installing a hot tub inside your home:
- Basement: What it lacks in scenery it more than makes up for in privacy and convenience. How about incorporating a home theatre system or gym?
- Main/second level: Enjoy easy access to bathrooms, change rooms, the fridge, and privacy.
- Sunroom: Do you have a four-season sunroom, or are you thinking of building one? Enjoy year-round relaxation by incorporating a hot tub.
As the weather is getting colder, now is a great time to plan your hot tub installation. Carefully evaluate all pros and cons before making your decision, and also factor in bathroom access and location of the nearest tap for filling your hot tub. Contact Ottawa hot tub professionals for further details and to discuss which option best fits your needs and home.